Blog #3 Research
As we get more and more excited about the upcoming adventure
Amelia and I have been doing some research to get a better understanding of
what we may be doing or what we may encounter in the next coming weeks. We have
been having fun watching some sailing movies. The first one was called
Abandoned, which was about four men that capsize their boat and work together
to survive over 100 days on the ocean. Hopefully, we have no experiences like
this, but it was still fun to see life at sea. For the past couple of weeks now I
have been watching many vlogs from real sailors. My favorite has been La
Vagabond which is a channel created by a young couple from Australia, that lives
their entire life sailing around the world. They just had a baby and are
raising on the boat, which really goes to show how a boat can become a true
home. This gives me a realistic look into what I will be experiencing on my
adventure without so much of the Hollywood drama. In addition to watching films and videos
about sailing, I have been reading some articles about what to expect in The Bahamas. Vince, our mentor, was kind enough to send us articles about sea
life, weather, the Bahamas, solar power, and reverse osmosis. These articles
have been great to get a good basis of understanding what my surroundings will
be like when I arrive in the Bahamas. Amelia and I have also been researching
places we want to make pit stops at while sailing. We have some interest in
hopefully seeing blue holes, which are essentially large sinkholes in the
middle of the ocean and create very pretty and unique looking water and
bedrock. All of our movie watching and reading will hopefully prepare us just a
little bit more for our trip.
Comments
Post a Comment